We’re getting ready for our big cross-country road trip down south to our new home in Florida but we’re looking for good ideas for snacks. What do you pack when you’re going on a road trip or plane ride? Any suggestions for must-haves in our cooler? We’re both vegetarian (so no beef jerky, unfortunately) but we’re pretty low maintenance! If you have any ideas, we’d love to hear them!
We’d prefer not to stop at fast food joints in an effort to save money and time. So far, our list of good east consists of:
- Healthy wraps (hummus, spinach, lettuce, sliced cheese, shredded carrots, baked tofu and possibly a lite dressing)
- Trail mix (thanks to my awesome mother who sent a road trip package to us yesterday. Thanks, mom!
- Coke and Mountain Dew (we need caffeine somehow!)
- Sliced apples
- Small container of cheese spread (Morgan eats cheese religiously!)
- Pretzels and crackers to go with the Morgan’s cheese spread (Thanks again, mom!)
- Candy (Jr. Mints for September and Reese’s for me… because a sugar buzz is a good thing.)
We figure this list should cover us for the all-day trip down to Atlanta, Georgia on Friday (13 hours) and the rest of our drive from Atlanta to St. Pete, Florida on Saturday.